Thee Art Of provides a free platform for artists to display their work and to become a
member of an art community. Exhibition of art on Thee Art Of will always be free. It is the
responsibility of each artist to assist with maintenance of his or her individual web page.
Thee Art Of will update the page at the request of each artist. We encourage frequent
updates. If the artist has an exhibit or other public event, Thee Art Of will promote this event,
but we can’t promote it if we don’t know about it. Communication is vital. We will send out
a quarterly reminder asking for updates. Thee Art Of has the option of removing the artist
page if the artist shows no interest in keeping it current.
Thee Art Of has a strict policy regarding plagiarism or theft of another’s work. It will not be
tolerated! Any reports of plagiarism will be taken very seriously and investigated to
determine if an offense has taken place. If Thee Art Of determines that a piece has been
“stolen”, the offending artist’s page will be immediately removed from the site and the artist
will no longer be a member.
Thee Art Of has made the decision not to exhibit art that portrays racism, prejudice, extreme
sexual violence or needlessly graphic pornography. The final decision of what can be
displayed on Thee Art Of website will be made by Thee Art Of and a panel of Thee Art Of
member artists. The purpose of this clause is certainly not to censor any artist. Thee Art Of
chooses to provide a platform for avant-garde and alternative art forms, categories that
encompass many different genres. We are not easily offended and can appreciate artistic
expression in all of its forms. However, if we find a piece offensive it will not be displayed on
|of ( v, v; v when unstressed)
1. Derived or coming from; originating at or from.
2. Caused by; resulting from.
3. Away from; at a distance from.
4. So as to be separated or relieved from.
5. From the total or group comprising.
6. Composed or made from.
7. Associated with or adhering to.
8. Belonging or connected to.
9. a. Possessing; having.
b. On one's part.
10. Containing or carrying.
11. Specified as; named or called.
12. Centering on; directed toward.
13. Produced by; issuing from.
14. Characterized or identified by.
15. a. With reference to; about.
b. In respect to.
16. Set aside for; taken up by.
17. Before; until.
18. During or on a specified time.
20. Used to indicate an appositive.
21. Archaic. On.
thee (th )
pronoun. The objective case of thou
a. Used as the direct object of a verb.
b. Used as the indirect object of a verb.
2. Used as the object of a preposition.
3. Used in the nominative as well as the
objective case, especially by members of the
Society of Friends.
1. Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or
counteract the work of nature.
2. a. The conscious production or
arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or
other elements in a manner that affects the sense of
beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful
in a graphic or plastic medium.
b. The study of these activities.
c. The product of these activities; human works
of beauty considered as a group.
3. High quality of conception or execution, as
found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.
4. A field or category of art, such as music,
ballet, or literature.
5. A nonscientific branch of learning; one of
the liberal arts.
6. a. A system of principles and methods
employed in the performance of a set of activities:
the art of building.
b. A trade or craft that applies such a system of
principles and methods: the art of the lexicographer.
7. a. Skill that is attained by study, practice, or
observation: the art of the baker; the blacksmith's art.
b. Skill arising from the exercise of intuitive
faculties: “Self-criticism is an art not many are
qualified to practice” (Joyce Carol Oates).
8. a. arts Artful devices, stratagems, and tricks.
b. Artful contrivance; cunning.
9. Printing. Illustrative material.
|If you see something you think we should know about, contact us immediately: